The “C” Shape Flossing Technique
- Start with a piece of floss from the length of your wrist to elbow.
- Wrap it around your middle and pinch between your thumb and index finger
- Slide through contact of your teeth, make a “C” shape against the one side of your tooth move up and down about 3 times. Now turn the c shape around and do the same on the other side.
- Slide floss through by letting go of one side of floss and pulling through the contact.
- Continue all around the mouth, with each couple teeth move the floss over to use a fresh piece of floss.
Why is flossing important?
By cleaning in between the teeth where the tooth brush can’t reach, it removes plaque that can lead to gum disease and cavities.