Some babies, but not all experience some of these symptoms: Swollen gums, drooling, change in mood, restlessness, trying to suck on everything, and a mild fever. Symptoms can last a few days around the time the tooth is erupting. The first tooth usually erupts around 6 months of age.
How can we help them with teething?
- Avoid any food that they can choke on like carrots or celery
- Do not use any topical gels unless prescribed by your doctor
- Massage there gums with a cool damp cloth or your finger
- Use a cooled teething ring making sure that it is not too cold for them.
- Acetaminophen can be given only if necessary, always check with your doctor first.