Added sugar and natural sugars are very different. The natural sugar found in fruit contains fibre, water, and multiple nutrients. Added sugar is usually found in candy, sodas, processed foods, and baked goods and has no benefit to you.
Try these great tips to help fight those cravings!
- Drink a glass of water
- Avoid anything with artificial sweeteners
- Ensure that you are getting enough sleep and relaxation
- Increase your fitness by joining a gym, partaking in a fitness class or going for a brisk walk
- Eat items higher in protein to help you feel full and satisfied
- Avoid things that trigger your cravings
- Have a piece of fruit as the natural sugars in fruit may help you fight your craving and fibre will help you feel more satiated
- Avoid stress
- Carry a list of reasons why you want to avoid sugar and read it when you have a craving.
Giving in to the cravings will continue to feed your sugar addiction, causing an endless cycle. The more you try and moderate your sugar intake the better you will feel over time.