- Provide your dentist with a complete health history, including medication, illnesses, past surgeries.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoridated toothpaste. Floss at least once a day to prevent plaque build-up. Find the tools that work best for you, ask your dental hygienist what they recommended for your mouth.
- Visit your dentist regularly for a checkup and dental hygiene cleanings to help prevent and protect your mouth and catch possible problems in their early stages.
- Eat a well-balanced nutritious diet, helping you maintain your healthy immune system, and help prevent heart disease.
- Reduce your risk of cancer. If you smoke, talk to your dentist about smoking cessation.
Although you brush and floss every day at home, regular checkups to the dentist can prevent additional diseases.